Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Best fish for a 10 gallon aqaurium?

Chat about anything freshwater fish related here.

Best fish for a 10 gallon aqaurium?

Postby fishlover2014 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:46 pm

Hello there. I am new to this chat, and yes, I am American. I own 1 guinea pig and 1 hamster. I recently upgraded to a 10 gallon from a 5 gallon in an effort to keep my fish from dying via the filter. I have since fixed the filter with putting a piece of wire mesh over the suction part and rubber banded it in place. So far I haven't had any problems with it. So anyway, I currently have 1 dalmatian molly, 2 bleeding heart tetra's, 1 rubber pleco, and 2 red wags. I will get 1 more dalmatian molly and 2 more bleeding heart tetras pretty soon. Eventually I will be putting in four mickey mouse platies as soon as they are big enough. (they are fry that I wasn't expecting to have). So what are the best fish for a 10 gallon? I am looking for a mixture of big fish (not huge fish but something about the size of a dwarf gourami) small fish, and schooling fish as well. Thank you! P.S. I would post a photo of the tank but I don't know how.
fishlover2014

Re: Best fish for a 10 gallon aqaurium?

Postby malakye » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. With the fish you already have and the others your adding your adding your tank is actually stocked to its limits so I wouldn't advise adding any others.
To add a picture you either use photobucket and copy the IMG code or you add it as an attachment in the full editor section.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Chat