Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

We went for a Curry

Chat about anything freshwater fish related here.

We went for a Curry

Postby Graeme » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:47 am

We went for a Curry last night. The Chicken Jalfrezi was really good but better still we were sat right in front of their fish tank!

The tank lights were off as the man said they get spooked easily. But I had to get some pix.

There were 8 Sliver Dollers, the biggest I have ever seen at about 6" long:

They had a fish that I didn't recognize that the waiter called a pink tail. It was about 12" long:

And a big Clown Knifefish which sat hiding in the corner, I don't think he wanted his picture taken. He was about 12" too:

Graeme
Donator
Donator

Re: We went for a Curry

Postby superdart » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:41 am

You have the same taste in Indian food as I do and the pink tail is most likely a Chalceus.....
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby Graeme » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:02 am

I have just done a quick Google and would confirm your Chalceus ID.

He was quite playful chasing the Silver Dollars about, it didn't look aggressive to me but they weren't too keen!
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:52 pm

A friend of ours has an 8ft x 3ft x 3ft tank, he has a couple of those clown knife fish which must be hitting almost 2 foot. He also has a pacu which is massive, largest I have ever seen, its bigger than a dinner plate easily. He also has a couple of common plecs which are over the foot long and silver dollars which are massive.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Chat