[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - What is the best way to deep clean a tank?
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

What is the best way to deep clean a tank?

Chat about anything freshwater fish related here.

What is the best way to deep clean a tank?

Postby gordonuk » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:03 pm

I bought 6 18x12x12 tanks from gumtree for £30 and an extra £10 for delivery which I did not mind.
Anyway I knew the tanks were pretty grubby but a good clean and they will be fine.
I have mixed a bucket of bleech, all purpose cleaner and vinager together and will clean the much off with that and then once done will pop a few baby seterlising tabs in and get rid of any addital muck and germs.

is this the best way top do it for the tanks I have or is there a better way?

here are pics of the tanks as shown on the ad, to be honest they were a bit dirtier when they arrived as they obviously been stored for a while

gordonuk

Re: What is the best way to deep clean a tank?

Postby gordonuk » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:28 pm

also why do shops give you such a hard time when asking for sterlising tabs, they started going on about safety and how many to use and when i said it was a fish tank they looked horrified that i would do such a thing and then told me its not designed for that and its for babies bottles.
I felt like a kid walking into the chemist in the 1970s wanting condoms and coming out with a tube of tuthpaste.
They failed to realise certain products have alternative uses.
gordonuk

Postby superdart » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:05 pm

I use a lot of Citric Acid to remove lime scale and calcium deposits on my marine equipment.I get the crystals and mix it with RO water to my desired strength and soak until clean.I also use Stanley knife blades to scrape dried on crud off and scotch bright pads,water and elbow grease for the rest......have fun.. :-):
You say you bought 6 tanks but I think I can see 13 in your pic..
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby gordonuk » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:45 pm

gordonuk

Postby superdart » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:45 pm

Ahhh 6 from the 13 ...I see.
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Return to Freshwater Chat