[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - plans for the 3ft
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

plans for the 3ft

Chat about anything freshwater fish related here.

Re: plans for the 3ft

Postby Graeme » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:30 pm

Dilemma time!
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:38 pm

I have argued with myself and better argued with which way to go with the tank and have decided to stick with the freshwater idea. I have missed having a tropical set up and can always change my mind down the line but once its up and running I dont think it will change for a while. Thats the utility area sorted, the new flooring and kitchen being decorated starts monday then its onto the livingroom and the fishtanks, I can't wait now.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:43 pm

Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:50 pm

My bad lmao. I should not be allowed out the door.
Well plans have all changed yet again. We went to pick up some dead rock to start it seeding for the 5ft tank, while there we were looking at his marine tank which is 9x3x3ft and stunning, he has a shoal of lyretail anthias which I commented on how gorgeous they are and how I would have loved them but would make for an expensive meal for Charlie. We went out to get the rock and he goes "oh come and see this" so off we go to the garage where he shows us a corner tank which he got especially made but then never set up. Needless to say within 5 minutes we have agreed to buy it and he will deliver it next month once we have the new flooring down. So my 3ft tank is getting closed and will become the sump for Barrys 5ft tank. I will take the sump that was with his 5ft and use that for the corner tank which I will be setting up as a reef and having anthias. SO there will be no freshwater tank after all.

This is the new tank, its 500litres so a great size.

malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby superdart » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:55 pm

Nice to see your staying salty......... :ok:
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby Graeme » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:01 pm

That's going to look lovely.

I don't expect it will be long before you get yourself a fresh water tank too!!!
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:44 pm

I am not going to have room for a freshwater too Graeme and that corner tank is just crying out to be a marine reef
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bedbug » Sat May 02, 2015 4:06 am

You aren't taking in the 3 ft. tank in and having 2 additional foot welded "MELTED" on to it? :thu:

I attach peace's of glass together with lead. "It not water tight!"
Bedbug

Postby malakye » Sun May 03, 2015 4:01 pm

No lmao, the 3ft will be used as a sump tank for the 5ft.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bedbug » Sun May 03, 2015 6:16 pm

malakye:
I have looked for and not found an explanation of the term and usage of a sumps. Is their one I have not found.
I know sumps as a tank that collects water and pumps it out when the tank gets full. I realize this must be part of the filter system but don't understand it purpose.

I appreciate your time explaining.
Bedbug

PreviousNext

Return to Freshwater Chat