[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Uploading pictures to the forum
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Uploading pictures to the forum

Post your pictures and videos or start a poll here.

Uploading pictures to the forum

Postby malakye » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:29 pm

One of the easiest ways to add pictures to the forum is to do so through a photobucket account. Go to http://www.photobucket.com and register for a free account, it takes only a few minutes and is easy to do.

When it comes to uploading your pictures make sure your settings are set to large or medium, before you begin to upload. Large is usually an ideal size for the forum and photo competitons unless the original is massive.

That way your pictures come through in a good size for forums.
Click the bulk uploader and select your pictures you want to upload. When you have the pictures you want click upload and wait until it finalizes before doing anything else. It will then give you the option to tag your pictures, this stage is entirely up to you. Go to your album and your uploaded pictures should be there, run your mouse over the top of the picture and you will see a list appear underneath each picture. Copy the IMG code and paste it onto the forum you are wanting your pictures displayed on. You can copy and paste pictures onto your posts using this method, just copy the IMG code for each photo.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Uploading pictures to the forum

Postby Mick » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:11 am

good post, nice and clear

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby Graeme » Mon May 11, 2009 11:54 pm

I've just edited this post because I've just found out that it's much easier to post an image using Picassa than I thought it was!

My computer came with Picasa 3 installed on it so I use it to manage my photos. I don’t have a Photobucket account but I do have a Picasa Web Albums account which is a free download and works through Google Mail. Pasting a link in the forum to display a picture is a doddle and just in case anyone was wondering, this is how it’s done!
1. From the main Picasa screen you select the photo you want in the forum.
2. Click the Upload button at the bottom of the screen. This opens the Upload to Web Albums dialogue box.
3. Click the Upload button. This opens the Upload Manager dialogue box and uploads the image. (No surprise there!)
4. Click the view online button to view online. (Yeah, really!)
5. Click Link to this photo on the right of the screen and the Link and Embed image texts appear.
6. Select the image size (Large) and tick the box for Image only (no link). Then click on the Embed Image text and copy it.
7. In the forum click a New Topic button or a Post Reply button to open a new post window and click the Img button.
8. Between the [img]andthe[/img] which will appear below, where the cursor is flashing, post the embed image text that you just copied. This will display your photo when you click the Submit button.

Hope that helps someone and if not, it was fun writing anyway!

Regards

Graeme
Last edited by Graeme on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Mick » Tue May 12, 2009 12:02 am

Thanks for that Graeme, it gives everyone another option if they don't use photobucket

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby Graeme » Tue May 12, 2009 12:11 am

Hope it makes sense!!!

Graeme
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Thu May 28, 2009 8:57 pm

There are other options out there for hosting pictures, flicker is another easy to use straight forward hosting site.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby NightwishRaven999 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:04 pm

Yup, I find Flickr is the fastest one to use.
The photos are already at a nice size and its simple and quick.

All you need to do, it select the photo.
Go on Properties, copy the URL (only what is before the "?")

Go to the forum, select the "Img" code and paste the link in between.
NightwishRaven999

Postby tanya » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:58 am

I,m still at the satge folks of wearing my L plates when it comes to uploading pics on here yet i,m sure i,ll get there in the end.

I,V tried PICRESIZE..COM this i found rather easy yet nothings easy for me to be honnest no matter how simple it is :lolflag
tanya

Postby malakye » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:19 pm

Barry actually made it even easier to load pictures with the upload link.
All you have to do is click the red link, if your not a member sign up (its free) then when your signed it, click browse and then upload, after that all you have to do is copy the IMG code at the bottom and paste it on the forum. Quick and simple and resizes the pictures automatically.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tanya » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:27 pm

tanya

Return to Pictures, Videos and Polls