Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

General Help (80 tropical)

Are you running a planted tank or just need advice on setting one up.

General Help (80 tropical)

Postby Teacupxx » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:52 am

Hello my 80L has been running for 2 months now,

I just need a bit of help with some issues I seem to be having.

First of all on my black sand there is a layer on brown bits and pieces I syphon them out when I do a water change and as often as I can but I cant seem to get on top of this mess. I have cory's and snails :dev: this stuff it seems like they don't want to eat it all they do is stir it up.

Secondly Shrimp! I have never had any luck with shrimp ever... every time I buy RCS they seem to die off with in a few days and it seems like this is happening again as I found on dead yesterday. and I have only had them for 2 days, maybe its a one off but I expected that with my old tank I used lead plant ties to keep down mosses I thought that the metal was poisoning them. in my new tank I haven't added any metal and with fertilizer I have a shrimp friendly dirt.

Please give me any feed back if I'm doing anything wrong.

Many thanks. :ye:
Teacupxx

Return to Planted Tanks