[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Graeme's Fish
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Graeme's Fish

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: Graeme's Fish

Postby Anita » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:09 pm

Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby Graeme » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:17 am

And that's it as the tank stands. I had a couple of Paradise Fish. They were brilliant, they behaved like they couldn't see any of the other fish in the tank except each other and the interaction between them was fascinating. One died and the other pined away at the loss of his mate!

And I had 3 Ottos. One died, one got eaten by the Ranchu and one got stranded on top of the brace glass. They were well cool. They looked like two completely different fish when they were swimming and when they were on the glass.

Finally, we had another baby fantail chosen by my Granddaughter who was a bit unusual as he had black tips to his fins but the shading faded away when we got him home. But he died last week. Didn't really get a good shot of him.

Well that's all folks! Thanks for watching.

Regards

Graeme
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Mick » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:43 pm

Interesting reading there Graeme, I like to see how tanks develop

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby Graeme » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:01 am

We've had the builders in and the camera has been put away. But they're done now, we have a nice new conservatory and I have my camera back! So here's a few pictures of my new Odessa Barbs.

When they first went in the tank they all stuck together but now they all swim around the whole tank.

I think this one is a male. He's the only one with the red lateral line.

The other three are silver with pink pelvic fins.

They're very inquisitive fish. Whenever I vacuum the gravel they're there sniffing around! They move like lightning at feeding time!
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Big Den » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:49 am

Nice looking fish Graeme.
Big Den

Postby malakye » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:11 pm

Great looking fish Graeme.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:25 am

Update is well overdue!

My search for a non Goldfish fish suitable for a coldwater tank became a bit too experimental. I brought home 3 Yellow Labs thinking that they might be OK. The male immediately decided that he would have Fantail Goldfish tail for his dinner! After almost stripping the tank down to get to him, he was transferred to the quarantine tank. Then the two females started too so they got transferred. My friend took the male and I lost one of the females.

Shortly after that the Odessa Barbs, who must have been watching the whole thing, decided to become fin nippers too! So they got transferred to the quarantine tank.

I lost the barbs I think because the temperature dropped a bit too much in the unheated Q tank so I put a heater in. But the only one I had was a cheap 12V thing set to a fixed 28C and it was a bit too hot for them.

It’s probably not too good to keep a Yellow Lab in a small tank on her own so I traded her in at the Fish Shop she came from and swapped her for a pregnant Guppy!

This year I have lost my Fantail with the dodgy eye, Sally the Redcap Fantail and George the Black Moore. The tank now houses Chris the Ranchu, the Calico Fantail, the baby Fantail, the Weather Loach and two Giant Danios. Time for a re-think I think.
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby konstargirl » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:29 am

Sorry to hear about your fishes. I think you should stocked them properly next time and not put random fishes in there. ;)
[color="#A0522D"]^[/color]
konstargirl

Postby johny » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:23 pm

guess wat i put shrimp with my fish and my shrimp ate the fish!!!!!!
johny

Postby malakye » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:52 pm

Olivia, Graeme did not just put random fish in his tank, it was a simple case of his fish did not get along. Some people can keep those fish together with no issues.

Johny Shrimp will only eat dead fish.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals