[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - lovefish87's juwel rio 240
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

lovefish87's juwel rio 240

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

lovefish87's juwel rio 240

Postby lovefish87 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:51 pm

:winkin hello everyone

i wanted to make a journal of my tank and its progress.well i first want to say i have just got back in the hobby after giving up a year ago, due to falling pregnant.i knew i wouldnt have the time for it so i sold everything i had, which took me years to build up.i was so upset to see it all go :cry2:.
so now that my son is 5 months old i have a bit more time in the day so i decided to start again. :jump:

so i brought a juwel rio 240 litre.i got everything for it and a week ago it finished cycling.i used household ammonia.
since i had my son we have been looking to move house as now we have a second child the house is just too small.
the day the tank finished cycling i was over the moon ;plo) as it took 6 weeks and it felt like forever.
i was about to do the big water change when my phone rang :phone:, it was my husband."were viewing a house this afternoon".i was so happy.
so we viewed the house and its perfect.i was so looking forward to start adding fish to my tank but as i have a choice it makes sense for me to keep feeding the ammonia to the tank everyday instead of getting fish as its more added stress when i move.also ive decided to change the gravel to sand which i can do when i set the tank up again.once its all setup i will continue adding ammonia for a week incase of a mini cycle. :bye:
lovefish87

Re: lovefish87's juwel rio 240

Postby lovefish87 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:59 pm

here is a picture of my tank at the moment.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58904271@N04/5973829671/
lovefish87

Postby Mick » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:42 pm

probably a wise decision, I look forward to seeing the tank develop when you do get sorted.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby mucklelass » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:25 pm

It's a beautiful tank - and how great that the house move is being sorted before you get the fish!
mucklelass
Donator
Donator

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals