[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Nano shrimp set up
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Nano shrimp set up

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Nano shrimp set up

Postby Jack Middleton » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Here we are, a TMC Microhabitat 8L
Here it is sat on my chest of drawers:

The tank itself is fantastic, the acrylic is flawless and filter is rated at 150LPH so no turnover issues! The tank with hardscape holds about 6L. The light is kind of cool too, there are three settings: Off/day/night day is all 31 LED's lit and night is the two middle ones which provides a lovely moonlight-like shimmer. The substrate is TMC nutrasoil, I filled it up just to see what the lighting would look like when filled, the tank will be emptied and plants not this weekend but the next. Shrimp will be added after a few weeks as the substrate leeches ammonia so I wont be taking any risks.

Here's the general plan:
The tank is 18cm[sup]2[/sup] in foot print and from rear to front I'll be planting Crypts, Staurogyne and P.helferi
Jack Middleton

Re: Nano shrimp set up

Postby Tukje » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Allready lookin good! Love the rock.
What kind of shrimps u gonna get.
Tukje

Postby Jack Middleton » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Thanks, I already have about 10 Cherry Shrimp in my main tank waiting to go in, I might see if I can get some Crystal Red/Crystal Black Shrimp to go in there as well, the intention is to breed and sell them.
Jack Middleton

Postby malakye » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:50 pm

Great looking tank, ideal for shrimp
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby superdart » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:57 pm

The Aquajardine one of my LFS's has a few of those tanks set up planted and they look great with shrimps and pigmy rasboras........... :thu:
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby Katfish » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:03 pm

Looks great

Can not wait to see it stocked
Katfish
Donator
Donator

Postby Tukje » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:17 am

Make sure you only keep one kind of shrimp, When you keep cherry and crystal reds, the cherry wil take over quickly. That will be a waste of money for those expencive crystal's.
Tukje

Postby Jack Middleton » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:25 am

The Cherry Shrimp will be thinned out regularly, the main aim of setting this tank up was to make some money from selling shrimp.
Jack Middleton

Postby Getthejist » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:46 pm

I was going to buy one of these for shrimp but i thought it cost a bit much because isnt it around the £50 mark
When in doubt get another tank.
I keep water the fish are just for decoration.
Getthejist

Postby Jack Middleton » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:09 pm

I paid £50, pretty good value for money as it's acrylic, fantastic built in filter, very discrete included thermometer, great LED light unit and the nutrasoil is fantastic too, you also get a sample of shrimp food, some dechlorinator and all in one fertiliser.

I changed the rock placement too, a lot more natural this time I think:
Jack Middleton

Next

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals