[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Shrimp Tank (rescape)
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Shrimp Tank (rescape)

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Shrimp Tank (rescape)

Postby Getthejist » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi guys,
My tank is a 20l fluval chi and originally I'd gone for a sort of swamp with lots of plants, planted densely but I haven't got on to buying any shrimp for it so I though a rescape was in order. The scape is similar to that of an iwagumi scape, except I'm not sure what plants I'm having or if it'll be a high or low tech tank. The equipment I have currently is a heater, a powerhead and sponge filter but I dont know if I'm using the sponge filter because I may go high tech. Also for lighting I only have an arcadia arc 9W lamp ( or the terrible fluval lighting about 3W or a regular lamp that I have) and I'm not sure if this is too much for low tech (any thoughts on this). Also I'm not sure if I'm going to keep cherries in this, I may go for blue pearls or another neocaridina. If I've left something out or you want to suggest something feel free to say. :-):
When in doubt get another tank.
I keep water the fish are just for decoration.
Getthejist

Re: Shrimp Tank (rescape)

Postby malakye » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:54 pm

If your going for shrimp keep it low tech, they do not appreciate too much messing about.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blowfish » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:20 am

Also you could get a clip on lamp with an energy save bulb as these work great fer low tech lighting...run it with the arc pod fer good growth results :ok:
the filter that comes with it is decent but wont provide much tank turnover/flow....depends on your stocking!
Any closer as to what you gonna keep?? :-):
Keep good water = Keep good fish!!
Blowfish

Postby Getthejist » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Getthejist

Postby malakye » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Why would you need to use a co2 with that, the arc pod is just a light at the end of the day
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blowfish » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:11 pm

Blowfish

Postby Getthejist » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Getthejist

Postby malakye » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:34 pm

looks good
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blowfish » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:50 am

Lookin good...is that one arcpod lighting it??
Blowfish

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals