[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - What's everyones plans this winter
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

What's everyones plans this winter

Chat about anything freshwater fish related here.

Re: What's everyones plans this winter

Postby malakye » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:05 pm

looking forward to seeing pictures.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby superdart » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:13 pm

My plans are to tidy up my fishroom and bubble wrap the tanks again for insulation as they are in a workshop remote from the house for now...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby Anita » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:18 pm

Wow, it was hard enough work changing over one tank.Great fish room.
The Rio is up and running, fish are all ok, got a bit scary as one little Otto got tangled in the net. I got some scissors and tried to cut him free, but I couldn't exactly see what I was doing. I thought he was going to die, so I gave the net a bit of a rough wiggle and he freed himself.
I will take some pics. In fact I did last night, tried to edit a bit in Windows 8, but it's all apps. Downloaded a couple but they were rubbish. Tonight I got Steve to put Windows 7 back on to my laptop, I know where I am now. The Windows 8 is totally different and I haven't got the time or the patience to learn about it.
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby Anita » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Just took a quickie. It's a little bit bare, if I have time I'll get some more plants this weekend. But I'm pleased, glad I made the decision to go back to a traditional shaped tank :-):
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby Anita » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:41 pm

Oh and I need some light reflectors :cool
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby Big Den » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:48 am

Looking good Anita, what are the floating plants?
Big Den

Postby Anita » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:51 am

Well it's a start, thanks Den. Floating plants are Frogbit and Ceratophyllum Demersum - Hornwort.
Both grow easily for me.
I have the light bar pushed to the front and a Hagen Glo (which I used on the Trigon) at the rear, so the tank is semi open at the top. It looks ok until I can get a 4 tube luminaire. But I won't be rushing into that until the tubes need replacing - probably in about 18 months.
I need to get into the garage to see if there are any reflectors on my previously used 4ft aquarium as we can trim them to fit, if not I need to order some new ones.
Still plenty to do, but I'm pleased so far.
With the corner tank the fish seemed to spend a lot of time at the back of the tank as it went back a long way into the corner. It's nice now to see fish swimming along the length again, a much better viewing window. I missed that :-):
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby Anita » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:02 pm

Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby superdart » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:25 pm

If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby Anita » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Anita
Donator
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Freshwater Chat